Frequently Asked Questions
- In your web browser go to Cricut Design Space and sign in.
- Click on Create New Project.
- In the left menu, click on Upload Image.
- Click Upload image.
- Browse to where you have stored your svg files.
- Locate the specific file you want and click Open.
- The file name will come in with the file. You can type in tags to help you find a specific file later.
- Click on Save Image.
- Your image has been uploaded now. It, and any other files you have uploaded will appear in your Design Space. Select your image and click on Insert Images.
Problems downloading/opening the file:
1. download the svg file and save it in an easy to find folder on your computer
2. open your cutting software (ex. cricut design space or silhoutte designer addition)
3. upload or import the file into your software
Svg files are not meant to be opened by clicking on them. Most home computers do not have software that supports these files. You must open the file in your cutting software for it to work.
Tracing a file:
You bought a file to use with a program that requires tracing. (ex. Brother's scan and cut or Silhouette standard) Tracing a file changes the form of the file and the quality. Please note that you are doing this at your own risk.